What's new? - Check out my poems at my other blog

Tuesday, April 3

Where do we come from...

I apologise for the almost permanent hiatus...

It's that time when I have absolutely no clue about anything in life...
And don't know what I'm doing, or what I want to do, or what I'm going to end up doing...
I have spent countless hours staring blankly at a computer screen and not doing anything much...
Oh well, I exaggerated a bit... I was staring and not doing anything at all...

And while I might have pushed my parents to the extent of consulting psychiatric aid, I find myself leaning on the edge... On the brink of existence... An existence that defines who I am...
And frankly, I'm beginning to lose myself...
As one of many last ditch efforts to regain and realise what I'm doing to myself, I decided to type some words and get all those little rusty wheels and and other mechanical apparatus in my head working again...

Anyway, voila! I present to you, poetry... Which might imperatively be pathetic because it has obviously been a while...

************************************************************************************



Where do we go now

Heady under the shots,
Of tequila and lime,
Careening through parking lots,
Trying to race time.

Last night, we left town,
Midnight chilled the air,
Riding with the top down,
The wind tussling her hair.

She threw back her head,
Had not a care,
Where we came from,
Or what lay ahead,

Southern rock I heard,
The radio continued to scream,
A swig of whiskey,
And the girl of my dreams.

Blurry visions, I sped past,
Watched her body sway
Every time we passed,
The lights along the way,

Long roads they wind,
A lost & confused mind,
Where do we go from here,
... And where do we go from there?

- Arvind,
28th March, 2007

************************************************************************************

6 Comments:

Blogger Mrinal said...

Man.....your poems almost always deal with love. Either it's some jilted lover out to take revenge, or someone committing suicide after a stormy relationship, and this time it's a long drive to the back of beyond.....with the woman of your dreams. Do you need to fall in love soon.....lol!

Wed Apr 04, 11:54:00 AM  
Blogger Ms. Lane said...

ooohhhhh..and i remember u callin me a total romantic.. look at u either suicidal, murderous or love sick..hehe whose the woman of your dreams anyway??!!!
nice poem btw,
"Long roads they wind,
A lost & confused mind." Undoubtedly my favourite lines..fits my mood right now.

Wed Apr 04, 01:40:00 PM  
Blogger Schmetterling said...

it sounds very much like a plaintive country song. the lynard skynard types.. just throw in more description of the girl, and there, poof ! you have it :)

Wed Apr 04, 10:37:00 PM  
Blogger Da Rodent said...

uh... are you in love?? are you?? are you??

Sun Apr 08, 02:30:00 PM  
Blogger Anki said...

ahhhh... hitting the wall
atleast you are back!!!!!!!!
look how ecstatic I am

Sat Apr 14, 11:44:00 AM  
Blogger Arvind said...

@ Mrinal - You're gay! Capiche... :P

@ Rini - you're gay too... :P
But also, thank you!!


@ Schmetterling -
I don't know if you're gay or not, but you've spelt the band wrong.. :P
It's 'Lynyrd Skynyrd'.. And yes.. I love their music.. And yes, now that you mention it, it does remind me of southern rock..


@ Joe -
Dude!
You're gay! And I'm not kidding.. Because it's true..


@ Anki -
You are sarcastic..
You might be gay..
But for now, let me just say..
I'm not in an awesome mood today..
So be hittin' that wall.. Bawl..
But I'm not giving in to it all..

Mon Apr 23, 07:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home