What's new? - Check out my poems at my other blog

Thursday, December 21

All's Fair In Love... And Death??


They met in the park & in his bed,
A tale of how it all began,
A forbidden love, no scope to wed,
To the fire, from the frying pan.

She broke news of her folly,
Her father's brow furrowed,
Her doors barred and she wept,
Her face in her hands, burrowed.

He pined for her, she for him,
As she made one last call,
They agreed, A final meeting,
They decided to take the fall.

At the edge, they took a stand,
Eager as ever, his eyes shone,
She casually brushed off his hand,
And told him to go alone,

And he stood, as still as turned to stone,
His body rigid and stiff,
The light from her eyes, gone,
And she pushed him off the cliff.

************************************************************************************

12 Comments:

Blogger Anki said...

been watchin too many bolly films eh!

Thu Dec 21, 03:55:00 PM  
Blogger Da Rodent said...

hehe.. interesting.. :) She pushes him off the cliff.. :D

Thu Dec 21, 04:44:00 PM  
Blogger Just Me said...

So it's true what they say.. women are the smart ones :P

Nice post though :)

Fri Dec 22, 11:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol maybe in another life huh

Tue Dec 26, 12:26:00 AM  
Blogger Advitiya said...

Hmmm
Its a nice pome... brings out the reality in the first line itself..

Tue Dec 26, 11:51:00 PM  
Blogger Me said...

sad ending...in the literal sense!

Wed Dec 27, 08:43:00 AM  
Blogger Advitiya said...

Happy New Year!

You've been tagged at my site!

Mon Jan 01, 08:58:00 PM  
Blogger Da Rodent said...

man., HAPPY NEW YEAR.. hope you had a blast..

Sat Jan 06, 10:13:00 PM  
Blogger Zaradin said...

bitch...i commented..as me!

Wed Jan 10, 09:15:00 AM  
Blogger Arvind said...

@ anki - Haha! No way would I be influenced bolly films.. I'd rather nail a helmet to my head backwards than watch a marathon of those movies..
Maybe, I just met certain manipulative women.. One too many.. :S


@ Da Rodent - Dude! Anhything that has to do with dying always entertains you! I swear you'll be the only guy laughing beside your grave! Apart from few ppl who absolutely hate you of course.. :D
& Happy New Year to you too! Hope you didn't spend it at office.. Lol..

Thu Jan 11, 03:35:00 PM  
Blogger Arvind said...

@ Just Me - Aha! Women are devious and cunning at the same time.. :)
& yes.. Women are smarter.. but there are certain exceptions..
Ahem.. *cough*
Now, I don't want to name names.. :P


@ Sups - Another life? I'm going to live that as a doormat.. Try flinging THAT down the cliff!

Thu Jan 11, 03:38:00 PM  
Blogger Arvind said...

@ Advitiya - Reality in the first line?? Lol.. Of course! My poems aren't all about fantasy... The last part is convincing too.. The woman shoving the guy off a cliff.. Lol..
Happy New Year to you too..
& Nooo!!! I hate tags..
Sigh.. Okay.. I give in..


@ me - Aah! Suchi! You dog! I know it's you! Your boyfriend's blog indeed!
& I'd also like to say fuck you for that nasty comment.. :P

Thu Jan 11, 03:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home