What's new? - Check out my poems at my other blog

Tuesday, September 5

Bike No More... & a part of me dies...

9 days from the date of my first accident....

A week after picking the bike up from service...

25th August...
While I enjoyed two delicious burgers by the beach in the dark,
Somewhere, 20 feet away,
Someone was trying hard to pry open the lock & wheel her away into the darkness...
He did!
For when I returned, she wasn't there where I'd left her...

My love... My bike... My dark beauty was gone!
I scoped the beach for a painful 30 minutes... Without avail...

I've registered a complaint with the cops...
Filed the insurance claims...
Asked everyone to look out for my bike...
& I guess all I can do is wait now...

Which is why I haven't been blogging... I haven't been doing anything at all actually...
Just in a state of depression/trauma...
Well, POST-depression actually... It's been enough time but I'm still holding on to hope...

So... I'm not in as bad a shape now as I was before...
& since I need to blog anyway, I'll tell you what all you need to do when your bike gets stolen coz nobody tells you what you're supposed to do!!

Firstly, find out which police station comes under the jurisdiction of the area where your bike was stolen...
For instance, my bike was stolen on Besant Nagar beach but the police station was 'shastri nagar police station'... Apparently the 'Besant Nagar P.S' is in Thiruvanmiyur!! :-S

Before you rush off to the crime branch & register complaints, check if the bike isn't already there in the cops' impound lot. (It'd be pretty stupid to waste hours on red-tapism if your bike's been wheeled away by the cops themselves)...

An on-duty cop will ask you to take him to the site of crime... & just remember one thing...
His bike will not allow you space to sit, but adjust all the same & do not worry about balance or speed... All these are attributed to the fact that the cop will be FAT! Also, don't pay heed to his grumbling as he tours the beach because he will blame YOU for having made him to resume duty...
He'll tell you stuff like, "You didn't lock it! I know it!" & you'll want to respond too... "If you know I didn't lock it, then how could you let it get stolen?"
But it's wise to just shut up...
Other interesting ideas he'd give you to keep your bike secure would be;
"You should take care of your property... Every 5 minutes, wherever you are, you must come & see if it's safe..." Yeah right!!
"Why can't you just take the bus & come to the beach? Then your bike will be safe! Making us do work n all.. Cha!"
IF I had to take a bus to get to wherever, WHY would I HAVE a bike in the first place?!?

The fact being it's past 10 at night, coupled with the fat cop's zero-enthusiasm will not produce fantastic results... & you'll be advised to come the next morning to file a complaint at the police station...

& so I did...
A sleepless night... A sleepless week...
The insurance company's formalities will be another long pointless story...

& my dad asked me... Slowly...
"IF... & I'm just saying 'IF', the bike isn't found, what else shall we get?"

:-/ ..... "I just want my bike back..."


& I do hope I get her back...
Till then, I'll keep looking out from the balcony at the spot my bike used to stand...
The forgotten, dust-gathering blue tarp...
& the keys I'll always keep in my pocket to never forget what it is that I really really want so bad......

I'm foregoing Baywatch & the beach coz I can't bear to go anywhere near there anymore... :(
************************************************************************************

10 Comments:

Blogger Da Rodent said...

Hmm., really dont know what to say.. The same state I was in when I first heard the news from you.

Fri Sep 08, 09:09:00 AM  
Blogger Zaradin said...

oh wait...was it when you sent me that message saying that you were eating burgers cos you couldn't stop yourself and hence could not afford to come on sunday...oh my god..god's punished you..for ditching me...i think..i'm not making this any better am i?
i'm sorry for the loss of your bike
i just lost my drivers license

Sat Sep 09, 05:13:00 PM  
Blogger Rambling Man said...

Hey
Really hard for me to type this message to u man..
I guess things wont be the same again huh.. sigh...
Hope u get the cash of the insurance..

On a lighter note :
i havent seen more crap in one place than the garbage dump or suchis blogsite;)(chose). blogs are supposed to be easy to read, and just flow like poetry....

Tue Sep 12, 11:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

poor you :P

Wed Sep 13, 04:24:00 PM  
Blogger Anki said...

aww...I tried really hard to empathise with your pain...but cud not stifle my laughter...still i hope your lost love finds her way back

Wed Sep 13, 09:16:00 PM  
Blogger Arvind said...

@ Joe - Yeah.. It sucks..
Thanks... Silence speaks volumes.. Lol..

@ Suchi - Oh my god! That's the meanest thing ever! It's not like we're burger buddies or something! I can't even physically count the number of times you've eaten there as opposed to the physically accountable frequency of my trips there..
Whoa! Lost your license?!?? At least nobody would gain by stealing it, but it's still a bitch!
Hope you find it soon..

Thu Sep 14, 01:01:00 AM  
Blogger Arvind said...

@ Shanker - Yeah.. I guess I'll have to wait for the insurance now... Might take another 2 months or more.. It just sucks!
& Lol.. Suchi's been obsessing about so many things right from celebrity gossip to GRE preps to 'absolutely clueless about the next step'..
Well.. Garbage dump or not, it makes an interesting read.. Lol..

Thu Sep 14, 01:04:00 AM  
Blogger Arvind said...

@ Sups - Man! You're just 100% pure evil...
Condoling is one thing.. But scornfully doing it is worse than anything..
What's with the tongue stickin out eh? I wish thousands of misfortunes befall you.. But I hope your bike NEVER gets stolen (IF you have a bike)...


@ anki - Greetings! & why thank you!! Your suppressed emotional empathy stifled with laughter is more than adequate..
& yes.. I hope she finds her way back somehow! & that's stolen love.. Not 'lost'.. Lol..

Thu Sep 14, 01:07:00 AM  
Blogger Anki said...

oops...my bad...i can sense remnants of Mr Holmes in u ...alas! if only you used ur talent to assist our 'over-zealous' cops, you might see your kidnapped baby again.

Thu Sep 14, 01:23:00 AM  
Blogger farustar said...

aiyo...paavam..you told me na...any news of it at all?
if you're dad's willin to console you wid another bike...go for better thanthis one...
it'll be hard n you'll miss your first bike...but wat the hell...you'll get s'thin new...

Sat Sep 16, 11:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home