What's new? - Check out my poems at my other blog

Saturday, August 5



The picture was taken by me (Thank you very much.. :P)...
While a couple of my friends were sharing a special bonding session whereupon I chanced upon an opportunity to maybe bribe them later for rights to owning the photo..
But now thats its online, Nobody is really gonna bother... :P

Moreover, something about the picture just sparked this poet in me to jot down some lines (:D)...

& DO NOT ask me bout the two of them... Coz I have absolutely no freakin idea what's going on between them.. ;)
So, I ask you not to base an opinion after reading the poem.. The poem is purely inspired just by the photograph...


Untitled Poem:


Tiny waves broke upon the shore,
Guided by the restless wind,
That brought along tales of lore,
Secrets of so many, sinned...


They sat together, yet alone,
Listening to the sounds abound,
As still as turned to stone,
Trying to look into the far beyond...


Two hearts furrowed with worry,
Their inner battles waged forever,
The moment eluded this fury,
As the overbearing peace took over...


He envied the breeze,
That chose to caress her cheek,
Brush past her hair,
Oh! Hair that was so sleek...


He wanted to hold her,
Ever so gently touch her,
Profess his undying love for her,
All that he could offer...


She cared not, was forlorn,
At heart she was furious,
Because she cruised alone,
Unguided... And curious...


She envied the birds that brushed past,
Battling the breeze to newer lands,
An ephemeral solution at last,
To pry open her tight fisted hands...


Their breaths beat a constant rhythm,
In sync with the babbling river,
The wind sang a strange sad hymn,

The ensemble resplendant, like a choir...


He wanted desperately to tell her,
But she cared none the less,
They looked beyond each other,
Back at the vast horizon, endless...


- Arvind (04/08/2006)

************************************************************************************

13 Comments:

Blogger jugni said...

love the pic..

interesting poem too :)

Sat Aug 05, 02:00:00 AM  
Blogger Sowmiya said...

I'm glad I serve as an instrument to your interesting rambles. All in my expense eh? And for the record NOTHING is going on between the two in the photo....

Sat Aug 05, 02:07:00 PM  
Blogger Sthupit Girl said...

ahem.

what was that about not being able sing and talk again? I like the poem.

Do visit again.

Yours forever sthupitly.

Sat Aug 05, 04:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

but of course i am the anonymous one...although i did not intend to be anonymous..apparently blogger couldnt handle the strength of my name or the depth of my spelling mistake...sighh
what's happening to you arvind old prick? ever since you shifted to blogger its been a writing extravaganza with classy stuff being churned from yur disillusioned brain....bravo old ex-director..and i see the whole "love barrier" theme in everything..:p
but this poem...i like the hmm how he felt envious with the wind..and how she felt when she saw the birds flying free...how they were in two seperate world yet with some strange unspeakable bond between them...maybe some things are better left unsaid...
yeeeesh i cant believe i actually wrote normally in a comment..tsk tsk..i shall come back and pulverize you with my words later on...
yours sincerely and unfaithfully..
MS mehnaz..:p

Sat Aug 05, 06:09:00 PM  
Blogger Arvind said...

@ Blow - Thanks!! I'm thinking of gicing my natural photographic instincts a good future.. First things first, I must get hold of a GOOD camera.. Lol..

@ Sowmiya - C'Mon!! Why do u have to ruin the fun.. Its better off not knowing there's nothing going on between the two.. How're people supposed to relate to the poem then??
Its not like I told them it was YOU sitting there with that guy..
Oops! I just did!! :D

@ Sthupit Girl - That was just me trying to be funny I guess.. My sense of humour often misleads (myself included).. Or to be actually frank, I was in a weird mood & didn't read the complete entry to do any justice in the comments section.. So, I commented only bout the stuff I read.. :P

Mon Aug 07, 12:07:00 AM  
Blogger Arvind said...

@ Mehnaz - I am entirely appeased you would consider leaving behind a comment that makes perfect sense... & more so the fact that you actually chose to praise me has left me in such high regard of you..
& by the way, my entries here are more flamboyant because I am not influenced by your dreadful english or sad creative sense like I was at Spaces.. :P
& Yes.. Somethings might have changed, but alas! I'm still my mean, cynical self.. I might've gotten worse too.. ;)
& as for your threat which u propose to carry out to pulverize me...
DON'T!!

Mon Aug 07, 12:13:00 AM  
Blogger Da Rodent said...

The pic is sweet :)

Totally totally sweet :)

Mon Aug 07, 02:18:00 AM  
Blogger Da Rodent said...

@sowmiya: if you had not blown the whistle.. no one would have known :P

Mon Aug 07, 03:28:00 AM  
Blogger Sowmiya said...

I need this and more....(does that sound better in tamil?)

@Arvind: Oh! Well its your blog so have your fun :)

@ da rodent: I know! I like to be the centre of attention always

Taaaa......

Mon Aug 07, 10:23:00 AM  
Blogger farustar said...

it's beautiful...get a girl wendy

Wed Aug 09, 09:24:00 PM  
Blogger Arvind said...

@ Joe & Sowmiya - Get a bloody room!! :P


@ Farah - Well... Its not like I'm not trying.. Women just find me repulsive I guess.. You probably get women interested in you faster than I could ever imagine! Lol..
Ok! So, I haven't been trying..
& I'm not gonna lay a trap & wait for ages.. So, if nothing works out, keep yourself free!! Hyuk Hyuk ;)

Thu Aug 10, 12:16:00 AM  
Blogger Ms. Lane said...

the pic is lovely almost mistook it for a painting..as for the poem wow!! is all that comes to my ind.u really emote well my fav line is "they sat together yet alone" its weird coz i've used those lines myself too :)
anyway g8 blog!

Mon Aug 14, 02:11:00 PM  
Blogger Ms. Lane said...

the pic is lovely almost mistook it for a painting..as for the poem wow!! is all that comes to my ind.u really emote well my fav line is "they sat together yet alone" its weird coz i've used those lines myself too :)
anyway g8 blog!

Mon Aug 14, 02:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home