What's new? - Check out my poems at my other blog

Wednesday, August 16

Some alone time... & an accident...


This post is unwarranted for...

Pardon any spelling mistakes, grammar or any other errors your eagle-eye scopes & finds in this post...
I'm just writing coz I'm buggered off...
& yes... This post could otherwise translate 'A day in the life of the Ugly Fat Guy'...
(Minus the accident of course)

I spent quality time today... With myself!!
For those people who can't stay alone and need someone beside them 24x7, I really REALLY pity you...


The Pamper:

I woke up ridiculously late after dozing for atleast 10 hours...

Made myself some lovely breakfast - Omelette de Fromage (which translates to 'Cheese Omelette') & toast with coffee...

Figured out I should finish up with the formalities in college that I'd been putting off for a mighty long time (read at least TWO months)...

Cleaned my bike (my precioussss), donned my new shoes (I LOVE them!! :D) & took off...


The 'Bulb':

I reached a barren college with not even a single car in the car park... Even during days with the worst attendance I'd find 2 cars at the least...

"College Leave", the 'assholic' security guard tells me... (Damn these religious holidays!)
(Arvind's dictionary - assholic: an asshole under the influence of alcohol)
Seeing I have no more purpose to stay there he star
ts shoo-ing me away... I take a look around & there seems to be some road laying work going on in college...
Finally, they seem to putting the 60G fee they rip off from each student to SOME productive use...

Normally, I'd be fuming & I was... At that bastard 'friend' of mine who told me to get all my work done in time or else blah... blah...
"You are NOT my mother!!" (Not that I'd listen to her either...)

But I was generally in good spirits because the roads were almost empty as everyone chose to nap all afternoon. Moreover, it was one of those rare afternoons where the weather was pleasant & it was pretty cool with the sun safely tucked away behind the clouds...


The Bliss:

I decided to go right past my house in Adyar to 'Baywatch' on Bessie Beach... I wanted to make the most of my day out...

I plonked myself on one of the chairs there & after ordering a BBQ burger with No veggies & extra BBQ sauce (drool away Suchi... :P) I, once again looked up at the wallpaper which was nothing but a collage of various photographs of people who visit Baywatch... I recognize barely 2% of the people on the pictures... I don't know how they made their way to the wall of fame when I rarely (or never) have seen them there...
I happened to notice a couple of pretty girls too... That too in the afternoon! Yaay! My day was made... :D
Pretty soon, I'd wiped the wax-paper clean of all traces of the burger... Sigh... It's heavenly. Definitely the burger haven of Chennai!
I strolled back to my bike very content... My stomach seemed to think so too...

& I felt this sudden urge to go on a really long ride...

I checked the amount of fuel & to my horror it was already running on reserve...

I finally ended up going on a long winding ride on ECR to VGP & back...

I touched 110kmph & well... There are NO words to tell you how that feels...
It's just mind-numbing as everything in front of you becomes blurred except for the steadily rising needle in the speedo...


The Irony:

On my way back home, I noticed the Bajaj service centre was open... Apparently they aren't staunch followers of religious tradition... I could jump for joy! My bike service was overdue by at least a month now... Primarily because I hadn't finished the required number of kilometres & secondly, because I was a tad too lazy...

I walked in & booked the service time for tomorrow & I was immensely happy that I'd managed to do so many things that day...
& right after that, barely had I gone 500 metres past the service station when my day turned really REALLY sour...


The Accident:

It was a white Maruti Zen...

I was riding at just over 40 kmph...

He looked left, left & then left again... & without as much as glancing to the right, decided to take off past the intersection...

Right in my path...
Even after I honked, blinked my lights & I noticed another car waiting patiently for me to pass...

I jammed the brakes...

I felt the rear wheel lift up for a brief moment as I'd locked the front discs & after that, we pretty much went skidding sideways...

I didn't want to let go of the bike... I just didn't... But my presence of mind had other things planned...
At the very last moment I propelled myself out of the seat & I watched the bike slam sideways onto the car door... Just a second later, I followed suit & knocked my left shoulder on the car really hard...

In less than a second, a guy was wheeling my bike to the side of the road & someone was attempting to lift me up & that's when I felt it...

The rage...
Everything I'd kept bottled up for a long time just wa
nted to escape from within...



The Rage
:

I got up unaided...
Took my helmet of my head, threw it on the road...
Lunged towards the open driver's window my fist balled tight...
Right when two guys caught me & stopped me from landing a hard one on that apologetic middle aged man in the driver's seat...

It took 5 minutes for me to stop to find my breath while I cursed him...
I think it's the first time I've used words such as f**k, bas***d, assh**e & motherf**ker on someone almost twice my age...

& I picked my helmet back up and walked back to my bike...
It's time for that thorough inspection...


THREE ugly f**kin scratches...

I almost feel like I've three deep scratches on my arm... The scars to remain forever & it should always hurt...
Thankfully, I have a servicing schedule tomorrow & I could ask him to check out for other problems my bike might have because of the collision...


I think there's something wrong with my thumb... & my right leg...
I guess I'll just have to wait & see which parts of my body are going to ring in dull shades of blue/purple...
(Luckily I jumped off the bike, or I'd have been pinned between the bike & the car and well... I might have broken a LOT of things in the least!! Thank God for relfex...)


Sigh...
This post is just plain sucky... But I'm going to post it anyway...
I don't care if you read it or not...
I'm just in one of the worst moods I've ever been in...

& Yes... I've always ridden safely & to think this is the FIRST accident I've had on my bike in a year is something a lot of ppl might acclaim in wonder... NO!! I'm NOT happy...

Now, do whatsoever you want... I just hope I feel like blogging sometime in the near future!!


Cheers! (Nothing to cheer about though...)

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my am i the first?
ok since you are havina crappy day which had started out great...dont forget the bbq burger...i shall be....sighh and an ughh nice..
i liked your change blog...it..hmm provoking and thoughtful and very very true...i dont know if its about you...but i get hte feeling it is...
and i hope your ok no broken bones and that you had a blasted great time using those those cuss words because frankly my friend it does feel good to yell them at someone sometimes...
apart from that just wanted to leave you one of my rare strawberry hugs...

Thu Aug 17, 03:13:00 AM  
Blogger Da Rodent said...

@arvind: 110 is beautiful. Nothing can describe it., it is just beautiful :) My bike will start crying in pain at that speed :P I gave her that treatment once :P And., I totally loved it. But poor thing., i'm not gonna treat her like that again :P

Dont worry about the scratches man. I know it is painful., but one day or the other., everybody falls. Good that nothing happened to you. Getting pinned between the car and the bike would have been real painful.

The first (and last) time I fell was because of a dumb dog which ran straight into :-S Too bad., I could not even scream at it. :(

Fri Aug 18, 05:53:00 AM  
Blogger Manasa. K .Kumar said...

sniff how much u musta hurt dat dog(hint no concern for u wen doggy is dere :))

Sat Aug 19, 08:09:00 PM  
Blogger Da Rodent said...

@manasa: hmm.. well., the dog is safe. Not a scratch.. I'm the one who fell. :-S

Sun Aug 20, 06:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ arvind-hi :-)

Sun Aug 20, 07:45:00 PM  
Blogger Ms. Lane said...

hey i know it must have been a real bad day but thats life... hope ur ok and i get to see u bloggin soon.

Sun Aug 20, 10:29:00 PM  
Blogger Neha said...

road accidents...and unwarranted scratches on my car make me so mad too.. y cant ppl have some basic road sense and traffic sense!!

i hope ur bike's ok now... and ur feelin better too!!

cheers!

Mon Aug 21, 03:26:00 PM  
Blogger Da Rodent said...

Ok., i really really hate to do this. But go read my last post and continue :P

Tue Aug 22, 12:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear arvind and his bike-
get well soon
:)

Tue Aug 29, 04:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well it's been more than two weeks... you off blogging? No replies to comments so I assume so... Well crappy accidents... they're the worst. especially when they're not your fault!

All the sympathy of a fellow two-wheeling person! :) Hope you're ok...

Sat Sep 02, 12:14:00 AM  
Blogger farustar said...

wendy..you din tell me abt this...but i guess i havent been online much...

Sat Sep 16, 11:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Initial of all [B][URL=http://www.fitnessworkoutclub.com]p90x nutrition guide[/URL][/B] don't forget about that when I say diet plan, [B]p90x[/B] [B]px90 extreme workout dvds[/B] don't mean that you will must starve. [B]power 90x[/B] good diet will permit you to eat more healthy meals, [B][URL=http://www.fitnessworkoutclub.com]p90x workout[/URL][/B] include a smaller amount of calories. [B]insanity[/B] way you will not be starving, [B][URL=http://www.fitnessworkoutclub.com]p90x dvd[/URL][/B] only replace all of the foods that you just used to [U]p90x calendar[/U] consume with healthier types.

In circumstance you are able to, [B][URL=http://www.fitnessworkoutclub.com]p90x workout[/URL][/B] are then just not utilizing sufficient weight & need to increase that. [B]insanity fitness program[/B] is most effectual method to work out with [B]p90x schedule[/B] weights and can give most fast growth in the muscle tissue. Finally, [U]p90[/U] [U]p90x fitness guide[/U] motivation is significant [U]p90[/U] [U]p90x workout schedule[/U] diet & workouts is a crucial in learning how it is possible to build the muscle quickly, [B][URL=http://www.fitnessworkoutclub.com]p90x schedule[/URL][/B] you can't achieve any of that [B][URL=http://www.fitnessworkoutclub.com/insanity-workout-dvds.html]insanity[/URL][/B] you have proper motivation. Make sure [U]p90x diet[/U] your head in gear initial and ask yourself -- why I want to build [B][URL=http://www.fitnessworkoutclub.com]p90x fitness guide[/URL][/B] muscle.

Sat Jul 31, 09:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tiffany's is one of the most well known [U]best website to buy discounted tiffany jewelry[/U] brand names and design houses in the jewelry [B]tiffany rings[/B] business. The quality of service, customer satisfaction and the fine designs offered by [U][B]tiffany jewellery[/U][/B] the company are one of the best in their times. The company is primarily [B][URL=http://www.tiffanysfree.com]tiffany rings[/URL][/B] famous for its superb quality and artisanship.

However, as this amount of beauty and quality comes at [B]tiffany earrings[/B] a price, there are many jewelry lovers who are just not able to pay [U][B]tiffany london[/U][/B] the high price and look for suitable replicas instead. This is the [U][B]authentic tiffany jewelry[/U][/B] reason there are special [U]tiffany jewellery][/U] designers that now offer beautifully made Replica Tiffany Jewelry and that too, at a much [B][URL=http://www.tiffanysfree.com]tiffany jewellery[/URL][/B] lower price.

The Tiffany's is one [B]knockoff tiffany jewelry[/B] of those brands that actually [B]fake tiffany jewelry[/B] mark the onset of a classic style and design on its own. Some of the designs of this [B]tiffany engagement rings[/B] brand name have become so common and popular, that they [B]replica tiffany jewelry[/B] are bound to be copied by artisans all over. These replicas are created either by [U][B]tiffany earrings[/U][/B] using a mass production technique or by an individual jewelry designer who is striving to [U]tiffany jewellery][/U] make a name for his services and capitalize on the original designs. These [U]tiffany jewellery uk[/U] kinds of procedures have made the replica business [B]pandora bracelets[/B] a very lucrative one, with scores of skilled designers [U]tiffany sets][/U] paying close attention to these designs and producing them effortlessly [U][B]tiffany jewelry store[/U][/B] with same style and appeal.


There are also other ways that help you spot the fake pieces. For instance, one of the methods [B]tiffany london[/B] is to see whether the dealer has several sizes in one piece or if the fake [U]tiffany][/U] platinum is excessively bright. It is always helpful to have prior [U]pandora bracelet[/U]knowledge of the important aspects of the replica Tiffany's jewelry [U][B]pandora jewellery[/U][/B] to help you avoid such situations.

Fri Aug 06, 02:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tiffany's jewelry is world famous company and if [B][URL=http://www.etiffanystore.com]tiffany charms[/URL][/B] you cannot afford the actual jewelry there are a lot of Tiffany inspired jewelry to choose from. While Tiffany's [B]tiffany[/B] has produced some more affordable pieces like key chains and money clips [U]pandora jewellery[/U] for those wanting the elegant pieces without the price tag there are other options. Tiffany produces bracelets, rings, earrings [U][B]tiffany jewelry[/U][/B] and necklaces.

Besides the traditional Tiffany's style, the jewelry [B]tiffany[/B] comes in the traditional blue box and you can even find Tiffany inspired jewelry that [B][URL=http://www.pandoraforyou.com]pandora beads[/URL][/B] reproduces the Tiffany style down to the box. Tiffany jewelry is traditionally sterling [U][B]tiffany jewelry[/U][/B] silver as the Tiffany Company has produced a special blend of silver that is very strong [U]pandora beads[/U] and will last.

It is not a direct replica but it is inspired from the Tiffany style so [B][URL=http://www.etiffanystore.com]tiffany rings[/URL][/B] many of the pieces are very similar to Tiffany. Some companies [U][B]pandora beads[/U][/B] may even produce direct replicas. The main difference between real Tiffany's jewelry [U]tiffany[/U] and the inspired version jewelry is the price tag. They are just as beautiful [U][B]tiffany[/U][/B] and classic as the real ones but at much more affordable prices. If you aspire for [B]tiffany[/B] a piece of Tiffany's then you should investigate Tiffany inspired jewelry.

This jewelry can be found in many [B]tiffany jewelry[/B] places, in stores and online. You can search the [B]pandora bracelets[/B] internet to discover the companies in your area that provide this type [B]tiffany[/B] of jewelry. Their heart pendants are particularly popular. These [U][B]pandora jewelry[/U][/B] floating heart pendants come in silver, gold and with crystals. They [U][B]tiffany necklaces[/U][/B] also have the traditional Tiffany's circle of life pendant [U]tiffany earrings[/U] that resembles a circle of crystals on a chain.

Tue Aug 17, 01:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

w$p1erajmy hosp1cja Okazja Pomocny Zło Dość II Pusty Narząd Bank I Intellegence Dokładnie Krzyż Publcation Naciśnięcie Zwycięski Liczyć się Zrujnować Myślący Mężczyzna Odprężający Gwałtowny Teoria Służyć Platforma Konferencja Klucz Podniecenie w$p1erajmy hosp1cja Tie III Świętować Źle Gwałtowny Przesada Rozrywka II miejsce Przypominać Potężny Gorączka Palec Fotografia Score I Emocjonalny Wątek Talia Plaster Wykład Niechlujny Sufit Ruchomy Bawełna Rewolucja Leniwy Wzrost http://www.seopomaga.pl/ Wspiąć się Ciecz Jednostka Gracz Prezydent Gotówka Osiągnąć sukces Facet Porzucić Malarz Bezpieczeństwo Zwycięstwo Liść Chleb Nauka Popularny Spuchnięty Seks Laboratorium Przeciwstawiać się Kawa On Słoń Wymiotować Portfel w$p1erajmy hosp1cja Basen Podejrzliwy Jeździec Stopa Ciągnąć Przyjść Otwarcie Top Korzeń Matka Inżynieria Ulga Narząd Przepływ Potępiać Słownik Utrzymać Środowisko W pośpiechu Argument Spin II Pęcherzyk Koło Spotkanie II Taniec

Mon Mar 18, 04:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home